In the unlikely event that purchasers should experience a product failure, this should in the first instance be dealt with by contacting the store or supplier from whom the product was purchased or LUMUL directly if the product was purchased directly from LUMUL.
Duration of Warranty
Every LUMUL product carries a warranty. Warranty periods are either printed on product brochures, product packaging, on a quote and invoice or on our websites www.LUMUL.co.za or www.neonflex.co.za. The product warranty is provided in addition to any statutory legal rights and details the terms under which claims can be made.
Repair or Replacement
Before shipping any product to LUMUL, the customer must obtain a written return authorization from LUMUL, and provide any proof of warranty eligibility requested by LUMUL.
Should a LUMUL product fail to function within the warranty period, LUMUL will at its sole discretion provide a replacement free of charge or repair defective components in accordance with the terms set out below. Purchasers shall bear the cost of removal and return of any product subject to a warranty claim and that of installing a replacement. Any other costs, including but not limited to replacement costs upon installation; costs caused from failures of the installation or other damages and/or consequential damages are not covered by this warranty.
Replacement products shall as far as possible match the speciﬁcation of the original but may have superior performance characteristics in line with ongoing product development.
Return of a Defective Product
The purchaser making a warranty claim shall contact LUMUL (or their authorised representative) at the earliest opportunity to be provided with an address for return of the product. On receipt of the returned product/s the validity of the claim will be checked. Proof of purchase may be required.
LUMUL reserves the right to conduct diagnostic examination of any defective or failed product to determine patterns of usage and cause of failure and reserve the right to be the sole judge as to whether a returned product is defective within the terms of this warranty.
Notes / Conditions of Warranty
This warranty applies only to defects in materials and workmanship and only where LUMUL products are properly handled, stored, installed, wired and maintained in accordance with the most recent published LUMUL product usage guides, installation instructions, speciﬁcation sheets, and any applicable local electrical safety standards and wiring regulations.
LUMUL does not warrant or guarantee, and is not responsible for defects, failures, damages or performance limitations caused in whole or in part by power failures, surges, fires, floods, snow, ice, lightning, excessive heat or cold, highly corrosive environments, accidents, actions of third parties, or other events outside of LUMULs control, or customers abuse, mishandling, misuse, negligence or operation.
This warranty does not constitute any inference as to the suitability of any product for any purpose. In no event shall LUMUL be liable for any other costs or damages including lost profits, incidental, special or consequential damages.
- The onus rests with the purchaser to ensure that the product ordered is appropriate for its intended use and / or application.
- Prior written authorisation is required from LUMUL before any goods will be accepted as returns or for repairs.
- Under no circumstances will LUMUL accept responsibility or liability for late or delayed exchanges and / or returns.
- Custom manufactured goods, including items (e.g. Neon Flex) cut to length for a customer, may not be returned unless faulty due to a manufacturing fault, the determination of which rests solely with LUMUL.
- Under no circumstances will LUMUL honour a refund if the item is not in the original packaging, original condition, or has parts missing.
- Goods may only be returned within 14 (fourteen) days after collection / delivery. LUMUL reserves the right to reject a requested refund of goods returned after this period.
- Goods must be returned by courier at the purchasers expense.
- LUMUL accepts no responsibility for items damaged whilst being returned to LUMUL.
- Credit notes will be issued for returned goods which are undamaged, in original condition and packaging, and proven by our technicians to be in original condition and good working order and may take up to 48 hours to process.
- Any returned item which has been correctly shipped by LUMUL will be subject to a 20% handling fee.
- Refunds will be made as a direct transfer into the customers bank account, and may take up to 72 hours to process after the refund has been approved.
- Immediately notify LUMUL in writing of your request for a refund stating the reasons for your request and providing your banking details.
- Refund requests are to be made in writing to lucille.stevens@LUMUL.co.za
- Only once a written confirmation from LUMUL has been received should items be returned to LUMUL at the expense of the purchaser.
- Ensure products are appropriately packaged so as not to incur any damage during transportation.
- LUMUL will assess the goods returned and notify the purchaser of the amount which will be refunded. Please note refunds are subject to a 20% handling fee.